10/10/2010

thanks


It's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, and I am so utterly thankful that it's a long one.

When I lived closer, I would go home to my parent's for Thanksgiving. Now, seeing as I live far away enough to not make that trip possible (or affordable), Thanksgiving has turned into a holiday where I celebrate with my friends. It's turning into a nice tradition, and the perfect excuse to eat amazing food with some of my favorite people.

A few friends came over last night for a potluck-style dinner, and man - am I ever lucky to have such amazing cooks as friends. The meal was amazing, the company was amazing, and it was a really great night.

I didn't take any photos of the food, but did take a photo of our pre-dinner table setting. The dinner was the perfect excuse to finally whip our office into shape. I'm really happy with how it looks, and am kind of amazed at how little it took to take this room from "meh" to my new favorite space.

If you're celebrating this weekend, I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving, wherever you end up.

No comments: